Unable to import updated solution "Attribute with Name new_countryid already exists on entity Account"

Oct 15, 2014 at 1:46 PM
Hi Pedro,

I have upgraded our CRM org to 2013 (SP1) and are trying to import the updated solution but run into the problem that when importing, it conflicts with the exising relationship on account.

I am pretty sure the problem here is that that relationship is included in a solution called "Microsoft xRM Customer Portal" by "Microsoft Dynamics Labs" - but by mistake an external consultant moved some changes over in a managed solution almost a year ago - and he was long gone before I discovered the implications on this.

Am I right this would be the reason? It appears as I am now stuck, I can't uninstall them without loosing data, and I cant change them to unmanaged solutions. Grrrr!

Anyway your Country solution is still excellent, just wondered if you or someone reading here may have an idea for me to get rid of this snag? Thank's.
Coordinator
Oct 15, 2014 at 5:54 PM
Hi Nicolai,

Thanks for your message.

I am unsure of what the problem might be without looking at the log, but it seems like you got it figure out. Perhaps what you could do is edit the xml code of the the crm country solution and remove the relationship from it. Then you might want to add the relationship yourself.

In fairness I think the best thing to do in the future is to remove any relationships from the solution as to let users add these manually. I might do this for the next version but I am hoping to have more stuff added to the solution besides this.
Marked as answer by pinnecco on 12/1/2014 at 7:35 AM